Sunday 5 February 2012

What works in a student film and what dousn't


Watching and analysing these student films will aid me when i come to create my own film opening, as i can see what other students have achieved. I've learnt that integrated titles are impressive when done well, but if not, it can make your whole film seem unprofessional, which is not something that you want. Something else that I have learnt is to not do something you know you are not capable of, such as in one of these films, fake blood. Their film was smooth and running well until I saw the fake blood where upon you knew it was an amateur film.
Watching and analysing these student film openings has allowed me to see what works well in a student film and what doesn't. In terms of making our film, it has made me really start to consider titles for the film, where they should be placed, the font and how big there are, as watching these have made me realise that they are a big part of the opening. It has also make me see that we need to think about every detail, such as lighting, as having poor lighting could ruin the whole film. It has made me see that even the things that we once thought in-important, has to be well thought over.

No comments:

Post a Comment